Monday, February 27, 2017

Homemade brownie for training run

As expected, worked too late to get to Heritage, so I took a no-patisserie day in preparation for the next cake-off (probably Wednesday). My goal was seven 500 m intervals at 13.0+ km/h. Had some trouble at the beginning with the watch display, but finally got it going. It was hard running, although that was partially because, just to be safe, I was aiming for 27 s for each 100 m, though 27.5 s would be okay. I made all seven, with six closer to 14 km/h and one actually above 14.0 km/h. For my short legs, that's not bad. And it feels great afterward running slowly (I was doing about 9 km/h in between and before and after).

Desert was a tiny homemade brownie (well, a couple, actually, before and after dinner, since I need to take in both protein and sugar within 30 min of exercising in order to build muscles). I also had a glass of wine, which may have been a mistake, as the running alone is sufficiently relaxing, so the wine just makes me weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment