Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Heritage: Amour

Got to a very new shop just within reach on a weekday: Heritage, up in Yamabukicho. They are so new, they don't have cards printed yet, or bags with their name on it. Just within reach also means just about to close, plus tomorrow and Thursdays they are closed, so just three types of cake left. I chose Amour (?) (アムール; 550 yen), which is white chocolate mousse and raspberry. I remembered too late that I shouldn't choose heart-shaped cakes, because that requires gelatin, but a chocolate tart didn't seem a fair choice for comparison, and Chantilly Fraise is not what I look for in cake. Also, there was only one white chocolate mousse, so I figured lacking other information, that indication of popularity would have to do.

The run was not much more than 3 km each way. I thought I was doing a nice warm-up speed for the first 1 km, but where I thought the 1 km mark was, now Google is telling me is 1.15 km, so actually I was averaging 11 km/h the whole way out (still not that fast, but not warm-up speed). Coming back was 10 km/h. I'll mention that it was cold (about 5 degC) and very windy today, so the cake survived pretty well, considering.

The cake actually was excellent, at least if you like white chocolate mousse, which I do. Not gelatinous in a bad way. The raspberry was very slight on a firm cake base in the middle. Pretty simple, but good. I don't have high expectations, but I'm happy to find another at least potentially excellent shop nearby, even if getting there by 19:00 on a weekday is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment