Friday, February 3, 2017

Maison g Tokyo: Fromage Cru and Manjari

Had some time in the middle of the day, so I wanted to do a training run of two laps around the imperial moat course at 11.0 km/h, but was still feeling tired from yesterday's run (when I was still tired from the day before's sprints). It ended up being one lap (5 km) at 12.0 km/h, just barely (by a few seconds seconds). I got 30 seconds ahead early on (from the 3.5 km), on the downhill part and need them on the back end.

For cake, I visited Isetan again and took advantage of Maison g Tokyo's special cakes (so many, that I'm suspecting the actual shop has a small selection). These were their Fromage Cru and Manjari (for 540 and 648 yen). The first is rare cheese cake, and had a thin fruit layer that looked like fig, though I couldn't tell. The other is named for chocolate of the famous brand Vorhona and was chocolate mousse, cream, and buiscuit (I think; the memory is fading) that was raspberry flavored, but much better balanced than my recent macaron ganache. Both of these were excellent, I think. Sorry for the shadow; I was in a hurry, as I was also heating water for coffee and tea (I didn't each two pieces alone).

So finally I have another candidate shop for the "excellent" Tokyo Patisserie list that could stay past the first cake (which I'm willing to accept, though I had been going for getting three cakes each). Still need Octobre or 14 Juillet Tokyo to pan out to really have 30 excellent shops from which I can select about 10 to be my third-tier Tokyo cake shops, after "supreme" and "superb".

No comments:

Post a Comment