Saturday, February 18, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin: Menu French Touch (Belle-Isle) and Coussin d'Amour Orange

Ran down to Roppongi Avenue looking for a certain supermarket and ending up at the wrong one. At least I won't need to check there again. I've been having knee pain, so I was trying to take it easy, but still edged into 11 km/h for 8 km. Think I need to stretch the thigh muscles more, but haven't mastered the right stretch, I think.

In the afternoon, got to Jean-Paul Hévin, where I got the Menu French Touch, upgrading to the Chocolate Chaud Cancan, which was good but not clearly better and I'm not sure what the extra flavor was (something was supposed to melt into it gradually, a little whipped cream and maybe passion fruit), and Belle-Isle, which is apparently one of two eat-in only cakes related to the French Touch collection of valentines' chocolates. This is a layered cake with very airy mousse flavored with passion fruit and caramel, though not very strongly with the caramel. It was excellent, but a little light for me. Not sure whether I'll get back for the other similar cake in Yuzu and black tea, since you have to get the set and I don't really need more of the same hot chocolate (though they have hot chocolates that I'd like to try). The other eat-in item sampled was Coussin d'Amour Orange, which is vanilla whipped cream with perhaps orange and passion fruit rolled into a chocolate creme served with a little pitcher of chocolate syrup and a cup of orange confit. It was good, but I'm not into crepe, even chocolate creme. The chocolate syrup was the best part.




No comments:

Post a Comment