Thursday, March 24, 2016

Akasaka Palace course and homemade cream cheese frosting brownies

Decided to rest yesterday, to stay within my running budget both today and Saturday (because I ran fairly long Sunday). I need the kilometers today, because I had a grand plan to run 16 km to a cake shop, but something actually important came up, so I didn't get out running until after 8 pm. I've not very flexible: once I decide what cake I want, I don't want to change to anything else, although I could have gone to Piece Montee, I realized as I started, but given that I was expecting heavier wind (although not the little rain I saw), I probably would have still stuck with my actual substitute plan even if I had thought of Piece Montee earlier. I wanted to do 3 fast laps around the Akasaka Palace course, which I did: 1.46 km slow getting there, three 3.3 km laps, the first two just barely fast and the last desperate one actually decently fast, and then 1.46 km very slow and bouncy home, which worked well to loosen up my back, I think. I've feeling very relaxed now.

But no cake. I made brownies again yesterday, this time reducing the cooking time 10%, so the middle was visibly less baked than the outside, and I frosted them with cream cheese frosting, which was wonderful the first couple, but the novelty has worn off by now, so it's just as well that there is only one left for tomorrow (I'll have half at lunch, maybe, and half when I get home before working out). Since I didn't get cake today, I'll get cake from Isetan tomorrow if I can, despite not running tomorrow (so as not to mess up a Saturday morning long run).




No comments:

Post a Comment