Thursday, March 31, 2016

Frédéric Cassel: Mille Feuille Finger Fraisier

Did another Ginza run to Mitsukoshi, trying to catch up Frédéric Cassel with other supposedly great cake shops in Tokyo.

Did 3.4 km fast to Akasaka Mitsuke, then a moderate .945 km to get to the Inner Moat. Along the moat course and following the moat off the course toward Ginza was perhaps very fast 1.45 km, then another .45 km moderate to a first really big scramble intersection, at which point I decided to be less obnoxious than normal and just walk through the crowds. Coming back, I started a little further west and ran 5 km a little slow. Out of bananas, but decided that protecting the cake was more important than stopping at the Lawson 100 and that I don't really need fruit anyway, so I'll shop on Saturday.

So 5 km slow, 1.4 km moderate, 3.4 km fast and 1.45 km very fast, totaling 11.25 km. Tomorrow I have a big run planned for the evening, with a back-up read in case the first place is closed, that's if Sunday and Saturday still look about the same in terms of weather, in which case, I'll try my weekend long run Sunday rather than Saturday and do some other things Saturday.

The cake is a Mille Feuille Finger Fraisier, if you don't mind mixing English and French (which is what the Japanese name seems to do, phonetically), for 756 yen, really too much. It's flaky layers on the bottom for cake you can pick up. It has white chocolate rather than thick custard. Its good, excellent I guess. It's high quality, but not exciting, and certainly not cheap, though that's consistent. I'm down to just the cream puff there, so I guess I'll try that next week (although not if they have some new cakes for April).


No comments:

Post a Comment