Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Demel:

No running, although I did an indoor workout, which seemed okay, so I may try running tomorrow. The pollen count is really high, so it is hard to tell whether the cold has passed, but my nose doesn't seem infected, even though it is still afflicted.

Went to Isetan, which is still crowded from being White Day week (Monday). At least Demel finally has more cakes, so I got a Truffletorte from there for 756 yen. This is not my favorite type of chocolate cake, being layers of thick ganache, but I respect this particular one, and not just for being huge. It's good enough that I'm going to say that it is excellent. I have to be precise, because I'm finally going through all my posts and classifying cake shops as Great, Excellent, Good, etc., leaving whether I'm particularly interested in them a separate issue. Their rank depends on the cakes I've had, and I'm of course interested in the Great and Excellent ones, but I'm most interested in the ones on the borderline or for which I don't have enough information to judge. Still, I intend to get at least two cakes from each of the Excellent ones (or potentially excellent ones) before needing to get back to the Greats (from which I've sadly had to cut Aigre-Douce, which just wasn't measuring up, although it's definitely Excellent). I'll report when I've finished, but it's all being updated on the map.



No comments:

Post a Comment