Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ran out to potentially great shop Yu Sasage. I should probably mark this route (and routes for other main destinations), since it is a pretty good route and this shops seems like it at least is going to end up as an excellent shop. Most of the run is along Tokyo City Road 431 Tsunohazuiisumi-town Line, which is also an old water transport road. Lots of parks. From the end, at Inogashira Road, you can pick of a park route that crosses the train line and puts you in front of Meiji University. Passing that and the neighboring temple complex, you can get back a on a series of linear parks and parallel roads that runs parallel to the main highway (4) all the way to where 20 splits off. At the split I took 20 (after Ring Road 8, you can take a local road, but I remembered that it's pretty crowded for running, so I took the longer route) to the light just west of Yu Sasage before cutting south and then back a block for Yu Sasage. It's about 12.6 km and I managed a moderate pace. I was slow coming back (although I might have managed moderate but for the congestion around Shinjuku Station) a slightly longer 12.75 km route, due to staying on the park on the east side of Meiji University too long (although knowing that there is a relatively big public toilet building there, is good, as the main strip park on the other side has just one more limited one).

That gives me a 2-day distance of 51.5 km, which might be the most I've done post-injury, so more than I probably should have done after a training break for a cold (which my left knee was quite willing to tell me fairly early on, although I slowed down and kept it under control). The 4-to-7-day distance then is 63.3 km, which doesn't leave me a lot for the next 3 days in my 7-day running budget of 85 km (which I can raise to 95 km after Wednesday). Of course, I could just rest tomorrow, but it's a holiday (for the Spring Equinox), so I'd like to get out. Perhaps I'll take the bicycle to Jiyugaoka, for Paris S'éveille (which I can run to during the week, theoretically, but is a little tough and uses a lot of kilometers) and maybe Cuoca, although in the latter case, I should check Mitsukoshi first, which is in the opposite direction.

But to the cake, that being a main theme. I didn't prepare my camera, but the phone camera worked reasonably okay, even if I can't see the image on the screen well enough when I'm taking the picture. The cake is the Sicilienne, which was introduced in December (on their Facebook page, anyway) and is 500 yen. Outside, is pistachio mousse (with maybe pistachio cream on top, along with pistachios and a cherry), and cherry mousse and gel inside. Something that sounds like "Fond du Roche" adds crunch, but I can't find a Japanese phonetic French to actual French translation. The cake looks like it might be gelatinous, but actually, at least for me, the outside was more like a thick sauce than gelatin, and covered an airy pistachio mousse. The taste and test was excellent. I could say that this was great, but I don't really like cherry so much in my cake, so I'm going to have to hold back with excellent, even if it seems perfect for what it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment