Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sébastien Bouillet and Gaien running course

For running, I just went back to the Meiji Gingu Gaien running course, which was pretty active, even after the Tokyo Marathon. Since I did the Inner Moat course fast, I should try the Akasaka Palace two laps fast, but before that I should do the Gaien course 6 laps fast, is the logic.

As last time, I did the 1.5 km to the south startpoint, in 9'35''05, which is slow. Then, I did 6 laps, trying to stay under 34 s/100 m (there are labeled 100 m marker tiles on the course), which is safely fast for me. Really, I just need to get under 7'41''10/lap. I starting by checking every 100 m, and it took me a few to get the right pace, and then increase the interval to 200 m with the second lap, 300 m for the third lap, etc. At first, it took me a couple hundred meters to get the pace fast enough, and then I had to avoid going too fast for the first two laps. By the fifth lab, my running was becoming a little uneven (and the course is not as even as I would like, but that's true of every course). I was definitely tired at the 6th lap, although at the end I felt I was on top of the pace. Times were 7'24''25, 7'22''87, 7'21''20, 7'27''71, 7'18''02, and 7'19''94, which all qualify as fast. I went back 1.6 km in 10'12''92, which is slow again.

So I made 6 laps, 7.95 km, fast at the Gaien running course, with another 3.1 km of slow. I'm not expecting to run Thursday and will be busy Friday, probably, so my weekday running this week may be 2.4 km very slow, 5.8 km slow, 9.1 km moderate, 15.7 km fast, 0.2 km very fast, which is 33.2 km total, which is not ahead of last week's, but already I'm way ahead of all of last week on moderate+, and fast+, which was what I was after. Whether I'm busy or not this weekend for running is still up in the air.

The cake seems to be "Tendence" (or it could be "10dance", which is a boys' love manga title, apparently) for 540 yen. Like yesterday's cake, it is tea flavored with raspberry. In this case, it is a gelatinous puck, with the tea flavor on the inside and the pretty raspberry color on the outside. Actually, the gelatinous aspect was okay, but there was little taste to recommend it, so the cake overall is only okay. I'll shift this brand to "good" from "worthy", effectively replaced by Yu Sasage.


No comments:

Post a Comment