Monday, March 28, 2016

Homemade brownies after 15.3 km

Tried to go to P. l'Abricotier, but it turned out that I was wrong about what day they're closed. Also, my left knee was not too happy, so I had to slow down about half way out, 4 km, or maybe sooner, but it mellowed out and seems okay now. Still, I'm considered shortening my next big run, although I'll also not make the mistake of trying to run the next day (I ran about 1 km and then walked home, changed, and went cycling). Also bad, trying to get to the east side of the Yamanote Line by Yasukuni Street (south end of Kabuki-cho), although probably still better than going up Shinjuku Street all the way to the station. Coming back, I crossed at the north end of Kabuki-cho, which was less crowded. I ended at Kukki-Y, where I bought eggs and unsalted butter for brownies (I had enough butter already, but it's good to buy ahead, although I could find cheaper a couple other farther places).

It was a slow (although with some fast bits, but, as I said, Yasukuni Street was crowded) 8+ km out and a very slow 7.25 km back. Right as I left the market, it started to rain, but I was prepared with an umbrella on my pack. Ten minutes later, the thunder and lightning started, but I made it safely inside.

The brownies were an experiment substituting half the flour with ground fresh almonds, but the oil, perhaps, made them a little wet, so they were less cooked in the middle. That is not necessarily a bad thing for brownies, but I couldn't see any plus side, so I'll probably want to repeat the experiment with almond powder instead. Also, I finished off the financier-type mini-cakes, so I may need to get some egg white powder as well, plus cocoa mass maybe, instead of using cocoa powder, although there are a lot more choices of powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment