Thursday, March 17, 2016

Ginza run:Coeur Blanc from Frédéric Cassel

I did run, and, as part of my review of all posts and the implied rank of shops, decided that I stopped buying at Frédéric Cassel (in Ginza Mitsukoshi) too soon as a potentially great shop.

Started out with a moderately paced 1.85 km and then did 4.67 km fast (almost very fast), followed by 5.27 km slow coming back with the cake. Definitely felt out of shape when I started (and I'm cutting down on fat and carbohydrates until my weight gets back down a little) but I guess it was okay.

The cake is Coeur Blanc (an educated guess, versus "Cool Bran") for the not terribly reasonable 777 yen. This is white chocolate mousse around pistachio mousse accented with raspberry jam. The line between excellent and great is difficult to draw, but I find that this was perfectly balanced for what it was and this is a potentially great shop, so I'll have to say great, which means I have to continue to explore this counter as potentially great (they still had two unsampled small cakes, which is pretty good for such a small counter near closing time).




No comments:

Post a Comment