Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday: Vincennes

Only had 13 km left in this month's running budget, which was enough to get me to Vincennes, a place I've known about for a long time and which Joshi+ finally visited, so it seemed time for me to give them a chance, despite reservations. 6.5 km of fast, which surprises me, because there was an extra slope from Meguro River to the shop. Coming back with cake, bypassing that by following the train line, was a slow 6.55 km, although there were more people and stairs involved, so maybe the hill route was the better choice.

Now I've got to figure out my weekly levels: 2.4 km very slow, 44.8 km slow, 15.2 moderate, 22.2 fast, and 0.2 very fast, which adds up to 84.8 km. Since last week's very slow was 36 km, this is a huge improvement, no matter how anything else works out. Almost no very fast+ (last week, 4 km), but fast+ of 22.4 km is still up by more than 9 km, and I had 9 km more of moderate, so about +18 km of moderate+ running. Except for at the top, huge shift upward in speed, so quite good.

The cake was Noisettine for 356 yen (not a typo). I like hazelnut cake, so this was excellent for me, so Vincennes unexpectedly becomes a high priority "worthy" shop, although I don't expect that to last (but if I consider the prices, maybe it should). Huge amount of competition around there (on my map, they are on the south edge surrounding Meguro River going past Nakameguro up to tail of Shibuya Station, east to Ebisu).


Also today, because we were in Shinbashi and I had read about this shop in Sweet Sonobe, I tried the bar at Le Chocolate de H. They have a (little) chocolate tart that is eat-in, so we got a couple drink sets for 1300 yen (the tart is 800 or 900 yen by itself, I think). It is excellent, though not really that cost effective. You have to wait 20 minutes for them to bake it, since it is hot and filled with chocolate (so great smell). Still, if you're in Ginza, have already visited Dalloyau a couple times (which is two short blocks away), and enough seats are available (only 5 total), it's probably worth having. We'd like to try their macarons some time, as would they, since they gave me both a chocolate guide and a macaron guide when I asked for their card.




No comments:

Post a Comment