Thursday, February 25, 2016

P. la Glycine: Concert (2nd cake)

Somehow managed to get away in time to do a run to P. la Glycine. Since I've been running somewhat hard for a couple days and I only need a few kilometers to match last week, I deliberately tried to go slow, although not to the point of timing myself (although I did check at 1.5 km, which came in over 9'30'', which seemed about right. Total, my path down to Aoyama, Avenue, through Omotesando to Aoyama Gakuen University, down to Meguro River, and following it to the shop, took 41'35''09, covering 6.49 km, which is exactly my slow pace.
Coming back, I took 46'00''04 to cover 6.79 (including a pedestrian overpass), which is very slow.

The cake was Concert (or maybe Kontsert: it was only written in katakana) for 570 yen. This is "new" and chocolate. Similar to yesterday's, the top was mousse and the bottom was not, but this time the bottom was a dry/crunchy but somewhat loose biscuit with almond pieces in it rather than being poundcake-like. They boast using 80% cacao chocolate, so it's dark. It was very good and I appreciate the effort to make a different kind of chocolate cake than I've had before, so I'm keeping this shop as worthy (versus just good).



I think that leaves six worthy places with fewer than 2 cakes posted on, four at Isetan (although one is just a bakery, which I'll probably visit tomorrow), and two are distant, so I probably won't be getting to either soon, although maybe the closer one next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment