Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Walking to Précieuse

I tried walking instead of running today, which was okay. This time 2.5 km might have been enough, although my shin never got more than a little tight even going double, and I didn't have trouble or feel anything climbing the stairs when I came home, but I think tomorrow that I'll not run. Still, I want cake, because today's cake was not great, so I'll go to Isetan, probably (I'm not expecting to work late again tomorrow).

Actually, I went to Yotsu Atré to visit Paul with the hope of getting a canelé, which they did not have. I've seen a photo of one posted for them at Tabelog, so it was not my imagination that they have them sometimes. Next time I go, I'll ask what their schedule is for making them.

Instead, I got a Coccinelle (ladybug) for 500 yen from La Précieuse, which is several millimeters thick of somewhat gelatinous raspberry mousse, and there is honey mousse, which maybe the cream belong that, which did not really have a distinct taste. The irregular pile of caramel and almond slices (?) that formed the anchor in the middle was okay, and the cake was good, but it's really not the kind of cake that I want to be eating, so I'm downgrading them to just good. Given that I've posted on at least 6 cakes from each my "Great" shops, I'd like to get all the "Worthy"s up to 2 cakes before thinking about getting all the "Good" shops up to at least 1 cake. I have 11 great shops now (ignoring redundant branches) and I think 28 worthy ones, so 6:2 seems like a good balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment