Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thursday: Q-Pot Cafe.

Did a longer walk, close to 6 km, which probably took 1 hour, so longer than Tuesday's, but no hills, so it might not be a good comparison. Didn't feel any problems, so I'm thinking I'll try to run down to Yotsuya Station tomorrow night and get some jam, good milk, and dark rum for cooking from the grocery and something sweet from Paul.

It's been a while since I went somewhere new that wasn't in Isetan. "Q-Pot Cafe." was listed as "Unvisited" on my map for a long time, so I finally visited. I should probably be more selective about what I put on my map from Joshi+. I know better than to do cafés, but I like to try something new sometimes, and this was within range. The cake was Sachertorte for 690 yen. It was fine. I assume there was some actual apricot in it, because there were a few pieces of some chewy fruit. Not really anything special, and definitely not my first choice for Sachertorte. Not much else among the selection that I would be interested in. I'm tempted to just mark them "Unworthy" so I can just forget about them, but it doesn't seem fair after one cake that was fine, so I'll mark the "Good".

I also got a croissant from the nearby Rituel (par Christophe Vasseur), which was 350 yen and, while artistic and good, definitely not as good as some 200 yen ones I've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment