Saturday, February 13, 2016

Thu-Sat: Henri le Roux [Isetan]

Got a box of caramels from Henri le Roux Isetan basement, since I had someone to share them with and I've already had all four of their "cakes" and this is the shop of the only caramélier (since he made up the term and trademarked it, reportedly). These are 162 yen each, regardless of how how many you buy.

Caramels are no substitute for cake, but they were very good. I would say that the C.B.S (Caramel au Buerre Salé) is the best, but the Chocolat and Framboise (raspberry) are also excellent if you like those flavors, and I found that I did. The Orange Gingembre (ginger) was also good, but I was not as into it, so it just seemed like candy to me. They have other flavors for caramels, although I might try their chocolates next if I feel a need to visit here again to keep up with the other great shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment