Friday, February 5, 2016

Running and Paul [Yotsuya]

Sorry for the monotony, but I went to Paul and this time I saw where they keep the canelés, so I got one, for 259 yen. It was very good. Not at rummy as others, I think, which I'm not complaining about, just giving my impression. I was looking for "dark rum" at the grocery, but had to continue on to a different station until I saw where it was. On the way, I visited outside of Aux Bacchanales [Kioicho] and the neighboring Pierre Hermé and Patisserie Satsuki, just to confirm them, so I added them to the map. Only rum I found was the one I already have a few teaspoons of, so maybe it is as dark as it's going to get. Found rum extract, too, which I'll keep in mind. Still need to get milk, but probably Marusho is good enough, and closer. Or Natural Lawson is probably find. I always have yogurt on hand, and it would probably work, but I'd like to stay close to the canelé recipe the first time. I should get more bread flour, though.


Maybe it was because of the stops and slow speed, but I could run 5 km with no problems, in 34 min, so still extra-slow. I decided that I'll be satisfied with 10 km this week, so I'm almost there, but my target (must made up today) is 20 km.



No comments:

Post a Comment