Monday, February 29, 2016

Patisserie Yu Sasage and Inner Moat

Got cake at Isetan from the visiting shop, Patisserie Yu Sasage. For running, I followed Shinjuku Street to the Inner Moat and did one 4.99 km loop. I didn't research what points are at what distances, so I just tried to keep my pace the best I could, but I definitely was slowing down, so I should for next time. Interesting note is that if you stay on the street (rather than going through the gate around the southeast corner, then it is 5.01 km. Also, if you do go through the gate, you need to run parallel to the edge rather than cut across or it's probably going to shave some distance off. Anyway, going and coming back got me 2.7 km each of fast and moderate running, respectively, and the actual course took 28'39''60, which is also fast. So I start the week with 7.7 km fast and 2.7 km moderate.

The cake I chose was Fondant Chocolat aux Framboise, for 460 yen, which was great. This is a chocolate cake that I can get behind. Inside is all chocolate mousse-like filling (at least after sitting in the refrigerator with an ice pack next to it for a couple hours) rather than the more liquid kind of fondant. The raspberry is just what you see on top with the raspberry cream, which is the right amount for me: still raspberry flavor, but it doesn't take over. Now I have to call them "worthy", so I have to go back tomorrow and try again to get something their last day (I wasn't that lake, but the selection was small, and last week when I tried, they were completely sold out of fresh cakes).


No comments:

Post a Comment