Monday, February 15, 2016

Sunday night: custard tartlets

Since I was left with strawberries, I tried using my brioche forms to make tartlet shells, which worked with no mishaps, and I filled them with custard and strawberries (not very well arranged). The result was okay, but not really worth the effort, although I've got some ideas on ways to improve it. Still, I was felling a headache from either pollen allergies kicked up by the rain or fighting off a cold, so it worked as comfort food. I was still feeling other typical symptoms in the morning and the temperature had gone from a high Sunday of 22 C to being 4 C with a little snow in the air by the evening of Monday, so I quickly decided against running. Instead, I tried again to do my indoor workout and could. Also, I could clean up from yesterday, including making this post. With any luck, I'll be fine tomorrow and be able to run, perhaps to Potager.


No comments:

Post a Comment