Thursday, February 4, 2016

Wednesday: more Canelé

Went to Isetan and got two canelé: one from D'une Rareté for 174 and a chocolate one from Sadaharu Aoki for 380 yen. I almost didn't get the Sadaharu Aoki one, because it was wrapped in plastic, which traps moisture, which makes it soft, and the caramelize exterior is the whole point to some people. Didn't run or walk extra, but did my indoor workout, with squats (which I seem to be pretty immune to now: I can just keep doing them continuously in place of running). I don't buy from D'une Rareté because, for bread, I'm usually looking for something less fancy.

Both cakes were definitely good, but I'll say that I'm not sold on chocolate canelé, but it might just have been canelé overload, since I ate the other, smaller one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment