Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Run to Shinbashi and Piece Montée: Batan Chocolat

I ran to Shinbashi, but that was overshooting to go to Ginza, where Pièce Montée is, so I had to reorient myself. Once there, I got the Baton Chocolat for 800 yen, which is nuts and raisins in a very dense chocolate cake. There are chocolate pieces and chocolate cream on top, although you're going to need more delicate handling than I managed to get them off without making a mess. It was very good, I think, but I was not happy that they just gave me a box, although (i) I didn't try asking for a bag and (ii) it was so windy that a bag would not have been that useful. Still, I felt that the service was not great. I ended up walking back to Hibiya Park and then just eating it there, so no picture. It was good, but messy under the conditions and left me thirsty and thinking again about making brownies next. Ultimately, I can't get too interested in there and no one has recommended them, so it's going down as visited by not of particular interest. I don't need everything from everywhere, and they are not particularly convenient even compared to Dalloyau, which is also in Ginza.

It was in fact, too cold for how I was dressed and the wind, although not fatally. Since today was the peak daytime temperature, I won't try again to go without a jacket, even if I get sweaty. No running tomorrow since rain is forecast, I need to do my indoor workout, and I need to stay home for a postal delivery. Hope to get something from Isetan Thursday, maybe a shop I haven't blogged yet, then do laps, either try for higher speed laps at Meiji Gingu Gaien, or a couple laps around Akasaka. Then Friday maybe back to Amitié, since I liked the first cake and they were reasonable. I haven't had much luck with places I've chosen from just seeing, but I still might try Louange Tokyo soon, which does not quite fall in the category since I discovered them online and they are maybe too new to have gotten a recommendation from Isetan or Joshi+, which are my two sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment