Sunday, November 22, 2015

Jean-Paul Hévin: Mont-Fuji and Longchamp Chocolat Noir

Today's indulgence was from Jean-Paul Hévin at Iseten. The Mont-Fuji is a basically their Mont-Blanc with pistachios mixed in, in addition to the chestnuts, in the paste on top. Of course, it's still the almond meringue base that sets apart this seasonal series, but I'll take this one as my favorite of the three that I caught so far (missed one of the monthly specials) and call it great from this great shop, for 674 yen.

The other is also considered seasonal, the Longchamp Chocolat Noir. This is bitter chocolate and almond as a coating around chocolate mouse and meringue, apparently. Actually, the center seems like just powered sugar almost, so be careful to share that out with different bites to keep this great cake. Also 674 yen. Sorry, should have rotated the cake 180 degrees.

Tomorrow, it should be medically safe for me to run, except rain is forecast. In the mean time, someone tried to recommend a couple new places to me, so I need to track them down and add them to the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment