Friday, November 13, 2015

Looping the moat to Canal Cafe Boutique: Chocolat Framboise

Light rain. Went to Ginza to visit the CW-X Conditioning Store in Nishi Ginza, since my broken toenails have put holes in my running socks. Also got UV gloves, just because I should have gotten them before. Hope I'm still running next year so that I really need them. Forgot my watch, but was not planning to run hard anyway, as I need to rest my back. It was about a 13 km run. Higher chance/frequency of rain this weekend, so don't know whether I'll get to run much. I'd like to go to Jiyuugaoka and visit Origines Cacao for great cake, but might end up doing the Shinjuku History and Culture course, which would put me next to Del'Imo, although it's not that far to Shinbashi/Ginza (of course, I could go east to west, but that wouldn't leave me in a good position for cake). My next planned bigger run would take me to Patisserie Ces Jours, but I'd want to do that on Sunday, because I can start earlier and have time to run back.

Back to today: circled the moat to go up to the Canal Cafe Boutique at Iidabashi, just because it looked like it should have good cake. Actually, only one that I was interested in and it's a pretty standard type, the Chocolat Framboise for 518 yen. It's chocolate mousse with a little raspberry, but there was some white cream inside too, which probably kept the chocolate mousse in check. Also, nuts in the bottom, which is unusual, but good. Not a bad cake of its type but not that memorable. I don't need to go back and don't expect to, but I could get the same thing or try something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment