Sunday, November 15, 2015

39 km loop through P. Ces Jours: Yuzu

Took Setagaya Road west to Patiserie Ces Jours in the little city Komae just beyond Setagaya District, which seems a good route. It's a major road, so there is traffic but the sidewalk is sufficient, and some of it is even brick, which is usually the best. Still felt sore, so I didn't press it. I should probably not try speed running for a while.

The cake I chose was Yuzu, based on that it was marked as having won a prize somewhere. It's four layers: white chocolate, yuzu, white chocolate again, and a base which seems to be a gram cracker crust or similar embedded in a sweet caramel-like base (not a strong taste, but caramel color and sweet) that was hard but not crystalline or chewy. It was a reasonable 464 yen and excellent. The white chocolate part was more gelatinous than I like in general, but that might be necessary to keep the yuzu from leaking into it. Sorry, the picture turned out to be from the back, with the plastic still on the facing side.

Accidentally went back to Setagaya Road, so I took it to the river Nogawa and followed it up to Route 20, which is the Koshu Kaido. I've been along that river before, and it's nice to jog along. For Route 20, that would be the road I would use to go to Takao. Currently, I could certainly make it there and I assume force myself up the mountain and back down, but I'm not ready to commit to running back afterward and I don't want to pay train fare for a one-way run unless necessary (due to physical condition or conditions). I stopped at Yu Sasage and verified that they still exists in the same place and were busy. I might have gotten a shu cream or something there if I were willing to wait, but when to Boulangerie Puku-gari and got a little cream cheese with walnut sandwiched between what turned out to be round pieces of white bread with a lot of sugar on the outside. Won't be going back there, I expect.

Total, it was about 39 km, and I ran it in about 4 05', so slow but not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment