Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Takagi: Fontainebleau

Today is a day to make excuses about running/shame myself, which is one purpose of this blog. The excuse is that I did 21 km yesterday, which is two day's running. Still, I wanted to do strength training that I can rest afterward from so I'm still ready for 40+ km Saturday morning. My running was 1 min/1 min intervals and I tried to run as fast as possible (as embarrassingly slow as that is, I still run out of air and I'm not that sore), I did not take the shortest possible route to Takagi in Aoyama, but it was close enough that I only had time for 6 intervals, because it's really close. Then I ran back with my cake, and that was it. I tried working out in my room, but I was really tired and hungry, and only got a third of the way through my normal routine. I'll try running to Ginza/Shinbashi tomorrow and doing a better inside workout Friday. I really need to get some dumbbells, but apparently the nearest Biccamera with them is Akasaka, which is okay if I go by bike on Sunday, I guess.

From Takagi, I got Fontainebleau (my spelling), which is almond and hazelnut praline around caramelized nuts with a layer of chocolate. It's a seasonal cake, so perhaps this is what got me thinking this place was great back when I started seriously looking around for nearby places to run to get cake, since this seems designed to appeal to me. It was 562 yen, which is not too bad these days of the weak yen. The cake is very good, is well-balanced, and was not something that I got tired of. No reason to call it great, though, so I think I'm going to have to downgrade my evaluation of Takagi. Still, very convenient and has good cake. And they give me little chocolate/nut something for free fairly often, as a kind of appetizer, I think. It's always the same, though, so I have to watch out or I'll get tired of them when they give me two. I should freeze them and save them for sharing, but I'm too greedy for that so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment