Saturday, November 21, 2015

(Friday) Ginza loop to Marquise: Rurien

This run was fine. This was to the sound part of Ginza to a shop I have not visited before called (Ginza) Marquise. I verified that the leaves are in the middle of turning colors in Meiji Gingu Gaien and otherwise it was an okay run. Still a little sore in the same place, which is annoying. Did not try anything fancy, but too the short route back, which took me through demonstrators/proselytizers when I was about to swing by the Diet Building, but I'm not sure who. They wanted to give me their newspaper and I was stuck at a long light, so I let them talk to me a little. Apparently, someone predicted there would be wars all over the world (good guess, for any moment), so we should revere him or something. I'm guessing that it is just as well that mostly I did understand them. They were two elderly women, so I'm guessing not something too new age. Got my flu shot the next day, so no running for a couple days (they tell you one day of no heavy exercise, but I've had problems before, so I need to take it easy at least 48 hours). Hope to get some other cake this weekend, though.

At Marquise, I got the ルリアン ("Rurian"/"Lulian", although I don't think the actual Latin spelling was either; update: it was double Rs but I think "Rurien") which sounds the same as the J-Pop girl group the Le Lien, so couldn't get a match Googling. The shop homepage and Facebook page don't list it, and no one has posted a picture to Tabelog for that shop, so this does not seem to be a standard or something that they promote. I thought at the time that it would be the best compromise for sharing, but maybe I should have gone with the hazelnut one, which would be my choice for eating by myself. It was 650 yen, which did not surprise me for Ginza, and my memory of the card is that it has cassis mousse and orange somewhere, maybe in the dark cake. It looks good and does not taste bad, but is bland. Didn't care for the level of gelatin for the top part, but would have forgiven that if there had been more flavor. So I'm just going to mark it as of no special interest, even though it would be convenient. Eventually, I'll probably run out of other places to go (or want cake really late), but I expect it will be a while before I bother to go back. Not a huge selection to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment