Monday, November 9, 2015

35'31'' to Origines Cacao R.I.P.

Since it was closed last Thursday, I tried to go again to the Shinbashi Origines Cacao. I had intended to take it easy and then do laps tomorrow, but running is not really a rational enterprise and I actually tried running fast to see what my benchmark time was for there. It was 35'31'' but Origines Cacao was closed, so I'll never be going there again. This time, I hunted around and found the notice of closure as of 30 Oct 2015. They were there for 2.5 years, apparently. The store in Jiyuugaoka still continues. Before I found their sign, I found the easier-to-see one for a basement bar which also just closed. Judging from the state of the building, I imagine that tenants are being forced out so that someone can tear the building down, although they could just renovate the basement and first floor to make one bigger space, although it would still not be that big.

I'll have to be satisfied with Dalloyau, Viron, counters in Ginza Mitsukoshi, and couple patisseries that I've been putting off going too in that area until I have to or run out of other new places to visit (and I just saw that there is a huge Mister Donuts cafe nearby on the Ginza side of the tracks). Today was Dalloyau again, where I managed to get something that I haven't blogged before, although I'm pretty sure I've had it: Insolant Fraise Melba for 648 yen. It's a giant macaron with dense whipped cream with strawberry something (not raw strawberries but more than flavor). Fraise Melba is a vanilla ice cream dessert and "insolant" apparently means exposed to the sun, if I'm to believe the spelling, Google translate, and the American Heritage Dictionary, so this seems to be a Fraise Melba that can take some sunlight. This is delicious for the macrons, the strawberry, and the vanilla cream, and the chocolate on top never hurts. Great cake from a great shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment