Saturday, November 7, 2015

Hike to Kneten: Schokoladenkuchen

Feel fine today, so I'm ready to do a long run (not today) when I get some time, but it sort of destroys the day, so I feel like I should do some other things.

Today is rain, so I hiked there, like in the old days before I could run in Tokyo. It's about 5 km there, but I didn't take the shortest route, especially coming back, so it was about 12 km total. Got the Schokoladenkuchen (chocolate cake) for the quite reasonable 430 yen. It seems to be chocolate whipped cream between layers of fairly light cake (if it were heavier, it couldn't be held up by cream). I prefer something heavier, but this was definitely good for chocolate cake of this type; I've had experience with bad ones, so I appreciated this, although after one-third, I would have been happy to stop and move on to something else, although not because the flavor overstays its welcome, just it's no so much my thing. My favorite part was caramelized hazelnuts on top. If you put the chocolate in the cake and doubled the density and between put layers of crushed caramelized hazelnuts with just enough whited cream to keep them in place, that would definitely bring me back. Otherwise, the early hours (7:30 to 19:00) mean that I would maybe consider visiting again for something else on another rainy morning. Sorry, I should have moved the fork and focused better on the cake, to get the auto-focus working better.


No comments:

Post a Comment