Wednesday, June 17, 2015

patisserie Sadaharu Aoki paris: Saya

Browsed cookbooks for French sweets, and found a couple worth getting, so now I'm going to have to decide how serious I am about it.

Then went to Aoki at Isetan and got the Saya for 830 yen (not a cheap shop). Strawberry cream dominates, although there is pistachio cream (and pistachio bits on top) and the taste of hazelnut, if I've correctly unraveled the Japanese saburenowazetto (サブレノワゼット) back to French. (An ideal cookbook would have English, French, Japanese phonetic French, and native Japanese terms all listed.) I can only taste the strawberry, but it is not too strong (although the cake is on the sweet side, suggesting that I'm really going to have to learn to get into tea), so I'm sure everything else is balancing it out to make it perfect. Even the bottom biscuit is good, of the crumbly type.

Great cake from a great shop and they gave me half a lemon macron while I was waiting, which was delicious (and would cost another 150 yen, I assume), so I'm happy, although my plan is to go somewhere cheaper next time. This is the strawberry cake to beat at this point, although there is room for different types of great strawberry cake.

I regret not centering the picture, but the strawberry pulled me left. Now if I knew which of the several settings I tried this was, I would have learned something.






No comments:

Post a Comment