Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Can't find Neues: 14 km

The weather was okay, so I did run (sorry, Google Maps is unreliable and the map disappeared), a lot, but no cake. I went along the usual history and cultural routes, which go by some of the Soka Gakkai buildings, who are an active Buddhist movement, and so kind of cult-like compared to the usual passive sort.They have a lot of money and political power, and like to get together on Sunday mornings, apparently, judging from what I've seen around there then. This Yotsu area has a lot related buildings, for example, for education and publishing.

I went off the usual route to add a new down slope 
and then a new up slope to my route.

As usual, I got a little lost and went out of my way, although it does not look too bad on the map. Neues was closed (but they were in their cleaning up) again, so I can't count on them for late cake. Maybe by 8 pm works (today was about 8:30), but I usually want more running than that on a weekday now. Not that I had planned to get cake; I had just wanted to find out the name of last week's cake and maybe buy some bread. Instead, I went down to Tokyo Midtown to Asanoya, which puts their bread 20% off late. I didn't choose well though, or I should not have tried microwaving for 30 s to heat it up. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment