Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pastry Shop (Hyatt Regency Tokyo): Rouge Noir

No running (although I walked quite a bit). I went to Pastry Shop, which is in the Hyatt Regency Tokyo shop, and got a Rouge Noir for 572 yen. Along the lines of "I never learn", this is another chocolate mousse with raspberry cake, and again, I was not that into it, although it was cheaper, more elaborate, and tastier than yesterday's from Le Pain Quotidien, which is good to know except that I probably won't need it again unless I develop a renewed strong taste for chocolate mousse. Also I don't learn that mousse is fragile, as it seriously is leaning to the rear from damage.

I also visited Rue des Briques, but decided that it did not look that great, so I didn't get anything. It's pretty small. There are a lot of restaurants in that hotel, so maybe there are more customers than I saw, but it did not look like it did a lot of business, although there was another person in there and it was near closing time (7 pm). Maybe checking out other hotel pastry shops is not such a good method for finding good cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment