Thursday, June 11, 2015

Reverse run from Pierre Hermé: Carrément Chocolat

The first reverse part was I bought cake from Pierre Hermé at Isetan, took it home, and then went for a run. I did go by Neues and confirmed that I could catch them open, with cake, but not the cake I was trying to get info on. I might have gotten bread, but 400 yen for half a little loaf is too much, even for German rye.
The other reverse part was I mainly did the reverse course of last time except excluding where I got lost and a double back near the Diet Building. There was a demo there against the U.S. base at Okinawa (judging from their sign) and war (which was all I understood from their chants). I liked the drum, but there was a crowd of people leaving along some streets. It was a change from (tobacco) slaves and (phone) zombies, but still a little in the way. I added an extra up-down early on that I would usually skip.
I took a picture of this patisserie that I have some affection for, although it has only simple things: A la Bon Heure.

Cake was Carrément Chocolat from Pierre Hermé, one of the great [superb] shops, for 756 yen (one of their cheaper ones). The layers are a chocolate square on top, chocolate glaze over everything, a 1/4 layer of chocolate cream, a 1/4 layer of chocolate mousse, and then chocolate "biscuit", which seemed to be a couple millimeters of hard chocolate as base for the upper layers and then a dense 1/2 layer that together gave almost a crunch but not quite. Great cake, although I ate it straight and by myself, so by the end I wished that I had prepared a beverage to cut it with, because it is very sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment