Monday, June 29, 2015

(Sunday 2) 17 km loop to Lettre d'Amour [Closed] and Ryoco

In the afternoon, visiting a different cafe/cake shop/baking school/baking supply store (I went for the last, but didn't find the tart forms I was looking for, so I need to search online), I swung down to Lettre d'Amour, which I've never been to before but is conveniently close to Ryoco and along my preferred route for going south, which is through Hirou Station. I choose the 600 yen chocolate mousse cake (Shirokane Chocolat) with two kinds of chocolate and caramel sauce mixed in, along with chocolate sauce on the outside and some nuts and chocolate pieces. It was good. They got the balance right between chocolate mousse and other things to suit me, so I'll go back. They're in a pretty rich area (as is Ryoco, although not so much in terms of shops) and there are other desert places around there, but they looked the best for cake.
At Ryoco, I got the Lumiere for 520 yen, which is mango and passion fruit in white chocolate. Actually, it tastes like peaches to me, which is fine. I had the standard problem with large chunks of fruit: they are difficult to cut on top of the soft cake, but I want to take small bits. It was very good and very seasonal. Again, I can't tell that it's great, but I would have it again, just it's not a priority. But it is consistent with a great shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment