Thursday, June 25, 2015

14.0 km after Ladurée: tarte citron

This was a long run after first getting my cake at Ladurée (via Lumine II at Shinjuku station). Actually I got the tarte citron (タルトシトロン: lemon tart), for 616 yen. I got the tart because it was relatively cheap, I've had several other things there but I'm pretty sure I haven't had this, and I'm interested in making tarts at home. This was very good and quite big (very shareable). It's got a somewhat crumbly thin shell (you can pick in up in your hand if you are careful) full of a sort of opaque whiter custard and then a couple millimeters of sort of glassy but not gelatinous brighter yellow layer on top that definitely has a lemon taste. No complaints. Stopped by Neues and Libertable, but neither one had the cake I wanted to take notes on.

This was maybe the first time to do a whole loop with the crowd around the imperial palace moat, definitely the first time at night. Very interesting. I didn't try to time myself, because my phone was inside my backpack. Unfortunately, the close along the route is on the Ginza corner, so opposite where I would want to start. I'm thinking about sports watches, such as something that uses GPS to track your path.


No comments:

Post a Comment