Monday, June 15, 2015

13 km to Dalloyau: Dalloyau

Today I used part of the new route to Akasaka Palace, and then to the Inner Moat, from which I ran to Dalloyau to get my cake and then the shortest route back home.

Tried to take a night scene shot when stopped at a light, but haven't got it down yet, so it's just cake for today: didn't keep my hand steady enough.
This is Dalloyau (ダロワイヨ), the shops signature cake (note the edible name in chocolate). The texture hides that the left side seems a little collapsed, maybe from the run. For some reason, they did not seal the box shut enough for a 5 km run home, but it stayed in place better than the one I walked home from Isetan yesterday.

This maybe not quite great cake from a great shop is 540 yen. It is caramelized almonds and hazelnuts around hazelnut cream with a base of Dalloyau's original meringue (although I'm not sure what is special about it). Actually, the taste is very light and yet sweet, so I'm not sure what it goes best with, maybe tea. I need to get there with a partner and go to the cafe. I love nuts, though, and though not really an exciting cake, it is a nice recovery from the Japanese-pudding-type caramel flavor of yesterday, plus I'm trying to get to each of the great shops for this blog, so it was about time for them and I know I haven't had this cake this year. They've got a lot of different cakes, so I need to get back there again as soon as I finished hitting the rest of the greats: just a few more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment