Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Très Calme: Praliné Noix

Okay, my last prediction about my next cakes was almost completely wrong, although I did go to Très Calme today. Sadaharu Aoki does have a new cake that I haven't had, but I just had a new cake from them Saturday, so I'll wait until next, when JPH will also have one, so that's at least two trips to Isetan. It's been more than a week since I had my last Michalak cake, so I plan to go to Isetan tomorrow as well. My feet aren't happy today, so I suppose I'll be seeing the doctor eventually, though they're rarely useful (but make up for it when they are). Today's cake was a new one (for me and the shop, apparently), Praliné Noix, which has a promising name, but maybe making praliné out of walnuts was not a great idea, since there wasn't much walnut taste and the praliné sugar kick was too low to be that interesting to me. Still good cake, and it went with my tea fine, which I ate at home, even though previously the eat-in space was open after 7 pm. Très Calme is an excellent shop and I've found a couple great cakes there, but I'm caught up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment