Sunday, May 12, 2019

Cake-off: Michalak's Paris-Brest over L'Abricotier's Montelimar

I went by bicycle in one outing for both Michalak's Paris-Brest and L'Abricotier's Montelimar, in the opposite order, so the latter got a little beat up, as the vibration seemed to make the cake base lose it's adhesion to the cardboard base, although the latter was not actually taped down, I think, so maybe it's pointless to try to find a cause other than the bicycle.

My previous evaluations of both these cakes hold: I don't want to give up either as great cakes, but I'm on the look out for better versions to replace them with. I'm going with the Paris-Brest as the winner, as a guilty pleasure, but this thing is really decadently sugary, even for me, so have a glass of milk or lots of straight tea ready to balance it out.

I had said that the winner of this first-round would be in a second-round cake-off next, but I had already realized as soon as I posted that the Paris-Brest would be around for a while, so maybe I should do the other two one-win no-losses cakes instead. I'm debating between that and saving all three for match-ups with anything seasonal that appears, because I think there is no hurry for any of these three. Montelimar, however, I'll do a cake-off for as soon as I get another one-loss cake, which might take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment