Thursday, May 16, 2019

Sadaharu Aoki, Tarte au Citron

Following Golden Week, as the new seasonal cakes, they brought back the Symphonie for all the shops and also added Tarte au Citron, which surprisingly, I haven't had before from them. This might be the best lemon tart I've had (the pistachio is basically decoration, but it doesn't hurt and a minor flavor enhancement). I've had other ones that were stronger, I think, in sweetness and tartness, this seems better, and I trust the source. While my attempts to designate cake greats as top representatives of some class haven't always worked out very well, I'm in the mood to do it again say that this was a great cake. It will be around through July, so I'll have a few cake-off rounds to confirm that it belongs among other great cakes.

But not the next cake-off, as B-E's grapefruit pistachio chiboust is back, but in a new shape. Not sure whether it is really the same, but it does indicate that I won't get another chance at the older version soon, so I should at least assume that it's equivalent and do a third-round cake-off with it before it changes again (I won't be shocked if it changes even before Saturday, based on previous experience; I hadn't thought about them when I visited, so I didn't ask).

No comments:

Post a Comment