Saturday, May 4, 2019

Succession Kanditoratelier (Nishimura Coffee): Apfelstrudel& Pistazien Torte

Milk pudding
On day 7 of GW, and the last day in Kobe, I went to a Nishimura Coffee shop for lunch and got Succession Kanditoratelier deserts (I'm not sure whether these are in anyway independent or whether they are both just brands of the same company). I went for cake, but their actual cakes seem pretty perfunctory, if that's the correct word, so we went with more pastry-like torte, the Apfelstrudel (with whipped cream, which makes this pastry at least a café desert) and Pistazien Torte, basically, coffee cakes.

Apfelstrudel
The strudel was very nice, much nicer than pie. It has raisins, which seems like a traditional sweetener, and apple strudel predates sugar becoming a non-luxury, apparently. I definitely appreciate the cream, though that's pretty true for any torte. I would call this excellent.



I had the pistachio cake afterward, so it might have been too much. Certainly it was more sweet than I needed without something to cut it with, so I should have order tea. The milk pudding cake with my lunch and I didn't really want it, but it was actually good, so better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment