Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cake-off: Michalak's Mont-Blanc over Sadaharu's Tarte au Citron

Sunday, I did an Isetan-sourced cake-off with Michalak's Mont-Blanc and Sadaharu's Tarte au Citron. This is a first-round cake-off with two cakes that I was not too confident about.

For exercise, despite US presidential visit related traffic disruption, I finally managed to confirm (as best I can by bicycle), the Akasaka--Azabudai--Roppongi--Toranomon loop by doing it counterclockwise without consulting a map. It's 13.4 km long, so by far the biggest I've managed. I did what I call the Akasaka 1 loop, but really it's just a route using opposites sides a narrow row to a cul-de-sac full of temples.

As far as the cake, I'm more confident about Michalak's Mont-Blanc. It's got the meringue, which I like (though almond meringue is better) and a chocolate cup holding the base that sets it apart, so I'm keeping in among the greats and giving it the win. The Tarte au Citron was still delicious, and I don't have a better one, so I'm tentatively keeping in the greats, but I'm going to try Michalaks version soon (since that's the only cake of theirs at Isetan that I haven't tried) and might change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment