Saturday, May 4, 2019

Chocolat Republic: Rare Cheese Mont-Blanc & Raw Chocolate Mont-Blanc

On the 5th day of GW, in Kobe, I had a couple cakes from Chocolat Republic, the Raw Chocolat Mont-Blanc (according to the receipt), which I assume is the same as the Kobe Raw Chocolate Mont-Blanc that I've posted on before. It was still good, but basic, and heavy on the bottom layer of sponge cake for any kind of mont-blanc, which seems consistent with the local style, which features more sponge cake than I usually get in Tokyo. The other was Rare Cheese Mont-Blanc (notice the change in translation for nama from raw to rare). The cheese cake was definitely good, better than the chocolate, maybe because it was sweeter. This was specifically from Sogo Dept. Store, I think, though they have standalone shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment