Sunday, December 2, 2018

Cake-off:Toshi Yoroizuka's Saint Marc over Bien-être's Mont-Blanc

Sunday, I got up at an only slightly more reasonable 6:00, though it was so cloudy that it seemed earlier. This time I was racing only my plan to arriving at Toshi Yoroizuka at Tokyo Midtown, not meeting anyone who was expecting me, so less pressure. As it happened, I could have been another several minutes later, since the Saint Marc were not ready.

I successfully finished all the planned parts of Azabu (south, west, base, and #10). I ran most of it, but didn't feel obligated to. Found some locations that I had previously missed and even had time to figure out the area around Roppongi Hills and how I was going to deal with a giant shopping complex (I'm willing to use stairs up to the level that crosses the running cutting through it). On the way, I stopped at the Mont-Thabor that's in Azabujuuban and got their Mont-Thabor Croissant Chocolat, or something like that. It's not very croissant-like, and actually it's not that pastry like, as the outer crust is more like a roll, but they were open before 9 am and this was fresh, so it was actually quite good and inside was typical of a pain au chocolat.

I decided that I didn't need to be in a hurry and had lunch before going to Bien-être. I hesitated about using the bicycle again, but was tired, and I was correct that their Mont-Blanc (which is pretty dense and squat) could take it. They had a couple new cakes (I've had five different kinds of mille-feuille from them so far, but never strawberry), so I might get back their this week, if the majors don't announce anything that I feel I can't wait for. For the cake-off (and note that I only had two cakes during the week, so I was planning for a double cake-off on the weekend), both cakes were definitely great and to the end I really couldn't decided between them, mostly because I was too busy enjoying them. I'm going to give this one to the Saint Marc because I feel it had more flavor, just because a little chocolate goes a long way, but that's really a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment