Thursday, December 6, 2018

Frédéric Cassel, Manpari

Went out to Ginza to try one of this month's new cakes from Frédéric Cassel. I was thinking that I would get the strawberry tart, but got pulled in by the Manpari, which is the individual version of one of their Christmas cakes. This is raspberry and chocolate, which are well balanced, with some feuilletine in there to give it some nutty crunchiness for texture, so another excellent cake.

Interesting events were getting warned off from thinking I was going to cross an intersection by a Japanese official (?) who thanked me later (In English both times) because the the signal was frozen because the Japanese emperor's motorcade was about to go by (which passed me fairly soon, as did the official, so I probably could have waited), and then picking up a dropped train pass and trying to turn it at the police box just up the course, but having him ask me to take it over the police station (which I and the police station found a little funny).

No comments:

Post a Comment