Sunday, December 16, 2018

Qu'il Fait Bon, Lectier Pear and Cheese Soufflé Tart and Red Fruit and Chocolate Mousse Tart

Friday, I was busy. Saturday, went to a neighborhood (running course) café for cake sets for two at Qu'il Fait Bon as a first visit. This down near Omotesandou Station, in Minamiaoyama. I've seen some long lines there, so I had wanted arrive at first opening, but there were other things do, so I wasn't even close. However, no problem; not sure why. It was a little strange, because the café section is small and on one side and then there's a big glass case in the middle with their tarts and then they are doing sales of those on the other end. No one was on the café telling being who want to enter what to do, but we just had to sit down in an open seat.

We got two tarts (and drinks): Lectier Pear and Cheese Soufflé Tart and
Red Fruit and Chocolate Mousse Tart. I didn't choose but I was consulted. The pear tart was a custard tart (the cheese was fine, but acted as a sort of base) and the pear was quite nice; I didn't really have an idea what lectier pear tasted like, and maybe I still don't know what's distinct about it, but it was good and went well with the custart, and the crust seemed nice too. We agreed that the Red Fruit and Chocolate Mousse Tart was not as good. Chocolate mousse is that that simple to combine with other things; this tart would have been better without in (though I suppose that would depend on what they replaced it with). One definitely good cake/tart and one so-so kind of good tart means that I'll likely never get back there. It was also agree that homemade fondant were better, though I still need to get back to developing those. Instead, I did a cake-off and lots of running, but I don't have today to write about that.

In the evening of Saturday, I did a neighbor run and was successful in all four loops: Samonchou loop clockwise (I expanded it, so I had to do it again), Sagachou loop counterclockwise, Minami-Motomachi--Wakaba--Yotsuya--Sugachou--Shinanomachi loop clockwise, (trivially) the Shinanomachi loop counterclockwise. I'll need to do the first and third again counterclockwise before moving on on the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment