Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin, Bûchette P'tit Train

It's the week before Christmas, so Christmas cakes at Jean-Paul Hévin are my top priority. Monday, I was prepared to be disappointed on the first day, but they had full stocks of all three. I went with the Bûchette P'tit Train this time, which is citrus and something I didn't recognize and the Internet says is "timut pepper", though it seems to go by a lot of other names.

For running, I did the counterclockwise runs on the neighborhood course: the Samonchou loop and the Minami-Motomachi--Wakaba--Yotsuya--Sugachou--Shinanomachi loop with no problems. I thought Sendagaya--Kasumigaokamachi--Minami-Motomachi link the bridge was closed, but just parts are fenced off. So that's four loops down and a lot to go, but the second one is pretty complicated.

The cake was good quality. It has chocolate mousse, but is actually pretty heavy as JPH cakes go. It's excellent and I recommend it to anyone who likes chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment