Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Bubó Barcelona: Nameraka

I planned to do a cake-off, but talking myself into waiting, as there are other things I want to get to during the week, so I want to keep to my Saturday plan. Instead, I went to Isetan to take advantage of the visit of Bubó Barcelona (not that Omotesando is so far, but Isetan is cheaper and easier) and got Nameraka (799 yen), which is Japanese for smooth, though it was written in katakana, like a foreign word. This Isetan version has extra chocolate on the sides, if I'm to believe Bubó Barcelona's Facebook picture, but otherwise is supposedly chocolate cream (must be really thick cream) and vanilla cream with dried raspberries on a very nutty base, I assume hazelnut. Also some mint there too, or some green thing at least a little minty, but overall the cream and nuttiness, without actually nuts, dominated. It was excellent. I'm not sure that it was more than the sum of its parts, but the parts were excellent.

For running, I went down to Midtown again and confirmed that Sadaharu Aoki there does not have the next new cake I should get (need to get to Marunouchi), or at least one that I've put off until now, since its green tea and Japanese sweet beans. However, I didn't research ahead of time, and Toshi Yoroizuka was closed except for the bar. I guess I might be back there again Friday night. Another place also has a cheesecake that I should eventually get around to. I was pretty sore after yesterday this morning, though no so much by the time it was evening, but I only did 7 km on the low side of 9 km/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment