Sunday, June 4, 2017

Cake-off: Tarte au Caramel Sel over Bonheur

I was finally successful in getting the next cake-off going and did not have any trouble running (at least at a 9 km/h pace) despite yesterdays extreme run and 11 km with pauses in the middle felt rather short. Not sure that I'm getting the name correct, but I think Aigre-Douce called it Tarte au Caramel Sel, and I was quite early, so it was not sold out (just, I had to wait for the other early people's orders to get processed). It was also early enough that Bonheur was not actually available when I checked in at Avançons on the way, though they confirmed that it should appear soon ,and it was there as promised on the way back.

Bonheur and Tarte au Caramel Sel
This time I arranged my Aigre-Douce bag better, so that was fixed, but they still put both cool packs against the back of the box, so it was not well balanced; I shifted the outside one to the front. The Bonheur was definitely good, and I approve of the general design, but at this point of my experience, it does not seem that special. It's nice, but very mild. The caramel tart, however, still has strong appeal to me in terms of not being mild: it appears to my sweet tooth and has a strong flavor. So I don't have any trouble calling this cake-off for Aigre-Douce.

No comments:

Post a Comment