Sunday, June 11, 2017

Aigre-Douce: Saveur

Today (I'm finally caught up), I did a research run where I stopped at three places looking for previous great cakes, being successful at one: Très Calm (though it's not the season for Mont-Blanc and I'm not in a hurry). For cake for today, I went to Aigre-Douce, who won the cake-off before last, and got Saveur, which was, before I broke it trying to get it home, a sort of chocolate pyramid. Inside, is soft cake and ganache. It is fairly moist, which I assume was it's original condition before I broke it, though it's possible that it got in the refrigerator, as there was about an hour before I ate it. I haven't had this problem before. In total, the run was 20 km which was close fairly close to the plan, although I was off plan for a lot of the second half. Speed was only around 9 km, and I assumed to be sore from yesterday, despite being not that long a run, although it was late and today's run was early, so only a short recovery time. I'm hoping that I can run a similar distance tomorrow, which is one reason that I kept my Sunday run to a reasonable distance: I have a long list of weekday places I want to visit, long than I'll actually get to this week, but the top priority is the farthest (I have another far weekday target, as a new shop, but I'm willing to wait while I take care of some more convenient alternatives.

Again, I may have broken the cake, I'm guessing that the taste was reasonable close, so won't feel too bad that I can only say this was good. I didn't read the card closely, so I'm not sure what the chocolate is flavored with. I'm thinking honey or maybe apricot, like a Sachertorte, but not a lot. Aigre-Douce does seem to have the other great cake that I want, despite this being the month I got it previously, but I'll check in again in July. Otherwise, I've visited them plenty already. And I've apparently made an impression, only I've only bought things a couple times this month and nothing for a long time before that, but they remembered my name today, which was amusing. (This is one of the few places that ask for your name rather than assigning you a number.)

No comments:

Post a Comment