Monday, June 5, 2017

QBG: Chocolat Kute

I had previous struck QBG off my list of places considered because, although they are in Tokyo, cake is generally only available at a cafe closed after work and on weekends and holidays and at a counter inside the cakes of Shinagawa JR Station. However, I've mellowed and decided that if they were really good, I'd visit them on my day off. Since they are visiting Isetan through tomorrow, I bought a cake not shown on their website (which shows only three cakes, unless you click for details, in which case it just shows two). The phonetic name is shokorakute, which I can understand as far as Chocolat Kute.

For running, I went around major shops in the Marunouchi and Ginza areas to see whether any of the cakes I was looking for had become available this month but did not find anything, though Dalloyau does have things I haven't had besides Opera, though I'm not going to get to them this week. Total run was a little over 12 km averaging below 10 km/h when running.

The cake was definitely good. It's chocolate mousse cake flavored with maple, which along with honey, is a signature ingredient of theirs. Maybe if I loved maple I would be more impressed, but I was just happy not to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment