Friday, June 16, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin: Éclair Praliné

Today I got around to a new cake at my favorite shop, Jean-Paul Hévin. Today's limited-time dessert (until at least June 30) was Éclair Praliné. Like yesterday's choux dessert, I was not having any problem this this kind of crust. Actually, this might be the best éclair I've ever had, though that's still among a fairly limited set, but it is enough that I can call it great, which means two great cakes since the last cake-off. I definitely need to step things up, but fortunately tomorrow is Saturday and I already have a plan (and a prior cake-less run) that seems fairly likely to successful about matching a couple orange-related cakes.

Yesterday's run was somewhat reasonable, though it's been a pretty hard running week, plus tomorrow I've have a big daytime run, so today's run was only 7.5 km at the usual speed, 9 km/h. I went around to Toshi Yoroizuka again, and this time they were open, but I did not see anything new. I suppose I need to swing by during the day some time, if I really want to check their current full selection, preferably the Kyobashi store.

No comments:

Post a Comment